Rock, Ride and Paddle Camp II is the next step up from Rock, Ride and Paddle. During the week, campers will gain more experience in climbing and whitewater kayaking at the USNWC, while also participating in Pass Activities. What sets this camp apart from Rock, Ride, and Paddle are the two off-site trips. Campers will have the opportunity challenge their skill level by climbing the steep, rocky faces of Crowders Mountain and paddle the rapids of the lower Green River. Please review the parent packet for more information on the off-site trips.
- Price: $450 per week
- We are now accepting camp deposits ($50 per camper, per camp) through May 1st.
- Ages: 10 – 16 years old
- Must have completed Rock, Ride, and Paddle Camp I or Kayak Camp within the last year.
- Must be able to hike on moderate terrain carrying a backpack weighing up to 35lbs
(boats, climbing gear, etc.).
- Capacity: 10
- Camp Schedule:
- Optional Early Drop Off (Additional $50 fee): 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Regular Drop Off: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Camp Activities: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Camp Pickup: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday & Friday Pickup will be 5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. due to offsite trips
- Fridays Parents’ Pass – Parents can purchase a Sunset Pass on Fridays to participate in activities with their child. There is no additional cost to the child if they are participating in camp that week. The pass is good for activities after 4 p.m. until close. You must receive the coupon from camp staff at the check-in table at 4 p.m. on Friday.
- An offsite whitewater kayak trip to a natural river will be available each week of camp for an additional fee. Registration for the offsite trip will happen at the beginning of the week of each camp. Due to the unpredictable nature of the destination rivers, the departure, return time and day of the trip will vary week to week. This information along with scheduling and logistics are sent to parents each week
- Lunch Options – Campers may bring their own lunch and snacks, or purchase lunch through our Summer Camp Lunch Menu. Lunches can be purchased via the link provided in the camp confirmation email sent to you after registration. The Summer Camp Lunch Menu can be found here.
Camp Program & Activities
Topics of Instruction
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Kayaking
Offsite Trips – 2 days
- Whitewater Kayaking – Green River or Tuckaseegee
- Rock Climbing – Crowder’s Mountain
- Whitewater Rafting (x1)
- Flatwater Kayaking
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- High Ropes – featuring 8 different ropes courses varying in difficulty
- Ziplines – featuring 3 different mutli-platform zip experiences
- Deep Water Solo
- Long Point Obstacle Course
Step 1: Choose Camp Dates
Step 2: Payment
Option 1: Full Payments can be made by clicking one of the dates above, over the phone (704.391.3900), or in person.
Option 2: Deposits can be made over the phone (704.391.3900) or in person. Deposits are accepted until May 1st. Only full payments will be accepted after May 1st.
Step 3: Online Camp Form
After registering for camp, you will receive an email from the USNWC with a link to the Online Camp Forms. The Online Camp Forms including the following:
- Online Camp Form – This form includes health information, emergency contacts, friend requests, pick-up approvals, etc.
- Parent Packet – This PDF includes information you will need to know about summer camp regarding what to bring, a schedule, etc.
- Activity Waiver
Please complete and submit the Online Forms and Activity Waiver.
Parents are welcome to stay for our Yoga Series each Tuesday morning at 9:30 am.