Land Sports Guide School
We are now taking resume/application submissions for 2013 Land Sports Guide School slots. The Land Sports Department of the U.S. National Whitewater Center is responsible for operating all land based activities. The Land Sports Guide School is the first step in the path to employment as a USNWC Land Sport Guide.
2013 Land Sport Job Requirements:
- Successful completion of a 2013 Land Sports Guide School Course within two months of intended employment start date.
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Minimum age: 18
- **Current First Aid/CPR certifications (**Only required for Challenge Team positions)
Four Step Application Process:
- Email completed Application & Background Check and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Qualified Applicants will be invited to register for Land Sports Guide School online.
- Successful candidates will be interviewed at the conclusion of Land Sports Guide School.
- Job offers are made based on performance in Land Sports Guide School, interview and background check.
Land Sports Guide School Information:
- Land Sports Guide School fee is $30 dollars (non-refundable).
- Candidates should choose a date that is as close to your potential start date as possible.
- All required equipment for guide school is supplied by the USNWC.
- Land Sports Guide School is two days long, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. each day. Candidates should bring a lunch and be prepared for outdoor activity.
- Candidates must attend both days in full and successfully complete all aspects of the guide school.
- Early signup is encouraged as there are limited spots in each session.
- Attending a Land Sports Guide School Course does not guarantee employment at the USNWC.
Current Available Seasonal Land Sports Team Positions for 2013:
- Land Sports Guide: Team members operate our many zip-lines, adventure courses, climbing areas and other land based activities.
- Challenge Team Facilitator: Team members facilitate the Canopy Tour, Ropes Course and Team Development Center (TDC) programs. Qualifying for this position requires additional on the job certification and training after Land Sports Guide School.
- Bike Tech: Team members work in Trail Center with the Trail Team as a Bike Tech/Mechanic and a retail point-of-sale operator. Bike mechanic experience, retail experience and basic mountain bike riding skills are required for the Trail Team.
Land Sports Guide School Dates offered for 2013:
(If your application is chosen by our review team, an invitation with a link to the online registration page will be sent to you by email. The same dates listed below will be available to choose from. If any of these dates are not available, the guide school is full.)
- LSGS #1 February 9-10
- LSGS #2 February 23-24
- LSGS #3 March 2-3
- LSGS #4 March 9-10
- LSGS #5 March 23-24
- LSGS #6 March 30-31
- LSGS #7 April 13-14
- LSGS #8 April 27-28
- LSGS #9 May 4-5
- LSGS #10 May 18-19
- LSGS #11 June 1-2
- LSGS #12 June 8-9
- LSGS #13 June 15-16
- LSGS #14 June 22-23
- LSGS #15 July 13-14
- LSGS #16 July 27-28
- LSGS #17 August 10-11
- LSGS #18 TBD
Please email John Bell, Land Sports Program Manager, at email@example.com with any questions. All employment offers are subject to successful completion of a background check. USNWC is a drug-free and smoke-free establishment.