Homeschool Adventures combine elements of STEM topic-based programming with a USNWC Day Pass. From team building to science experiments, our programs are specifically designed for the homeschool community.
Homeschool Adventures – $59/student
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Please review the Programs List below and choose the date(s) that you would like to attend.
2. Book online or over the phone.
- Grades K-12
- Students will be grouped based on grade level (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12)
- Homeschool Adventures only run on specified weekdays during the school year
Each Homeschool Adventure will be led by an USNWC Outdoor School staff member. Group size may vary during programs and activities.
Each educational program lasts 2 hours. Prior to and after the class, homeschool students will have the rest of the day to participate in a variety of land and water based activities. Duration of activities is subject to hours of operation for that day. A daily activity schedule is available on the USNWC Calendar. If you plan on rafting, you can pre-book your raft trip for an additional $5 per person here or sign up day of for the next available trip at no extra charge.
The USNWC has a variety of lunch options for the day. Boxed lunch packages are also available upon request.
Homeschool Adventures Program List
Team Building – April 14
- Homeschoolers will get to know each other through various icebreakers, games, and low ropes course challenges. This physically and mentally challenging experience will push students to work as a team and learn lessons about team building that can be applied to everyday life.
All About the Catawba – May 22
- Did you know that two million people rely on the Catawba River for their water? Learn all about the history and importance of the Catawba River as you paddle the Catawba’s scenic waters during a guided kayak tour.
Extreme Engineering – September 15
- Does your homeschooler like to build and get creative? Students will learn about the physics behind some of our activities at the U.S. National Whitewater Center and use what they learn to design their very own mini zip line.
Animal Adaptations – October 11
- Homeschool students will learn all about animal adaptations, animal habitats, and the effect that humans have on the environment. Classes vary somewhat in structure depending on the age group, but you can expect games, hands-on lesson plans, and exploration through the amazing animal habitats here at the USNWC.
Registration and payment is required prior to this event. Registration will close one week prior to the designated date you want to attend. Limited space is available. Registration links coming soon.
April 14, 2017
May 22, 2017
September 15, 2017
October 11, 2017
(For more detailed information about Homeschool Adventure programs and activities, please contact the Outdoor School: 704.391.3900 x 287 or firstname.lastname@example.org)