Brave the cold of February on a 5K run that covers the length of the Whitewater Center Parkway, followed by an optional (but highly encouraged) cold water plunge into the man-made river. Bring your towel and friends to keep you warm post-plunge.
- Date: February 16th, 2013
- Location: U.S. National Whitewater Center
- Distance: 5K
Disclaimer: Due to the weather and technical errors, we were unable to capture some of the racers’ times during the Frigid 5K Run & Plunge. In response, we utilized our manual timing system to capture the remainder of the chip times, resulting in some inaccuracies. As we prepare for the remainder of the 2013 Whitewater Race Series, we will work to improve the accuracy of the timing system.
Photos / Video:
Race Day Schedule:
- 7:00am – Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup Begins
- 7:45am – Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup Ends
- 8:00am – Race Starts
- 8:45am – Course Closes
After your plunge, warm up with music, food, drinks, raffle prizes and awards.
Will be given to the top 3 finishers in the following 12 categories
- Male/Female 25 and under
- Male/Female 26-30
- Male/Female 31-35
- Male/Female 36-40
- Male/Female 41-45
- Male/Female 46 and better
Interested in volunteering? Contact Adam Bratton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Event Info:
- Race giveaways are only guaranteed to those who pre-register.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating.
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed.
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time.
- Participants must bring ID to consume alcohol during post-race.
- Locker rooms are located at the main USNWC River Center.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director.
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40.
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants.
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers.
- No pets allowed on the course.
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.