Run then plunge into our man-made whitewater river during the Frigid 5K Run & Plunge, taking place on Saturday, February 15. This 5K course will cover the length of the Whitewater Center Parkway, followed by an optional (but highly recommended) cold water plunge into the frigid man-made river.
- Date -Saturday, February 15, 2014
- Distance - 5K
- Time - 8:00 a.m.
- $25 – Pre-registration available online through February 12
- $32 – Race day registration (if available)
- *Note: Whitewater Race Series beanies are only guaranteed to those who register before February 5
Friday, February 14
- 5 – 7 p.m. – Packet pick-up at NoDa Brewing Company
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
Saturday, February 15
- 6:30 a.m. – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 7:30 a.m. – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00 a.m. – Frigid 5K begins
- 8:45 a.m. – Awards ceremony
- 8:45 a.m. – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- *Note: All outbound traffic leaving the USNWC will be prohibited between 8-8:45 a.m. on race day
Be sure to bring a towel and stick around for fire pits, hot chocolate, cookies, bananas, drinks, beer from NoDa Brewing Company, raffle prizes and awards.
Overall Male/Female finishers will receive a pair of Salomon Trail Running shoes. TrySports gift certificates will be given to top three Male/Female finishers ($30/$20/$10) in the following categories:
- 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 and better
Various bibs will be randomly tagged with Mountain Khakis stickers for additional raffle prizes.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com.
Additional Race Info:
- Whitewater Race Series beanies are only guaranteed to those who register by February 5
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water stop location
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Locker rooms are located at the main USNWC River Center
- There will be no gear/bag check at the start/finish for this race
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered