Weave through the trails of the USNWC in the Color Me Green race, a challenging 5K trail race with a St. Patrick’s Day twist. Similar to “The Color Run,” each participant is required to wear a white t-shirt to avoid being bombarded with green dye throughout the course. Awards will be given to both the cleanest and the greenest shirt.
- Date: Saturday, March 16th, 2013
- Location: U.S. National Whitewater Center
- Distance: 5K
- Thursday – Packet pickup at the USNWC Outfitter’s Store from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday – Packet pickup at NoDa Brewing Company from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday –
- 8:00 a.m. – Race Day Registration and packet pickup begins
- 8:45 a.m. – Race Day Registration and packet pickup ends
- 9:00 a.m. – Race Starts
- 10:00 a.m. – Course Closes
The Color Me Green 5K is proud to announce that our friends at Salomon will be on site prior to the race with a fleet of Salomon shoes that participants are encouraged to demo during or after the race. Feel free to check this great line of trail running shoes out for the race.
Multiple sizes and styles will be available to both male and female runners on a first come first serve basis.
Be sure to stick around after the race for food, drinks, raffle prizes and awards as well as the 3rd annual Green River Revival.
Will be given to the top 3 finishers in the following 12 categories
- Male/Female 25 and under
- Male/Female 26-30
- Male/Female 31-35
- Male/Female 36-40
- Male/Female 41-45
- Male/Female 46 and better
Course Map: (updated)
Green River Revival
– As part of the St. Patrick’s Day celebration, the USNWC will dye the whitewater river green. The celebration begins at 9 a.m. with the Color Me Green 5K, followed by live music and the annual dying of the river. For a full description of the St. Patrick’s Day festivities, click here.
The Cornhole Tournament will take place on Belmont Abbey Island at 10:30 a.m., and will feature live, acoustic music from Mike Strauss. Pre-registration is recommended ($30 per team) as day-of registration will only be offered if space is available. First place winners will receive a pair of 2013 AllSport Season Passes; second place will receive two pairs of sunglasses by Smith Optics. Click here (fdf) for USNWC Cornhole rules.
Interested in volunteering? Contact Adam Bratton at email@example.com
Additional Event Info:
- Race giveaways are only guaranteed to those who pre-register
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- Participants must bring ID to consume alcohol during post-race
- Aid Station will be located at … TBD
- Locker rooms are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
- There will be no gear/bag check at the start/finish for this race
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered