The 3-Day Wilderness Backpacking Adventure, led by our field instructors, will take you to Gorges State park where you will learn the essentials of backcountry travel. You will camp each night, pitch tents, cook and talk over an open fire in a wilderness setting. During your expedition there will be opportunities to learn geology, environmental ethics, backcountry cooking, land navigation and the natural history of the environment.
- Price: $399 per person
- Duration: 3 days
- Ages: 12+
- Minimum Participants: 6
- Maximum Participants: 8
- Transport from Charlotte/Douglas International Airport can be arranged
- Private family trips are available. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
During this trip you will be expected to carry a backpack that could weigh as much as 45 lbs on uneven terrain for up to 9 hours in addition to camping and sleeping in tents on the ground in a wilderness setting.
- Camp Craft (backcountry cooking, tent set up, site selection)
- Leave No Trace Principles
- Proper Packing
- Land Navigation
- Family Bonding
- Self Confidence
Guests can choose to pay in-full or place a 50% deposit for a program date. To pay in-full, please select a course date in Step 1 and follow payment instructions. To place a 50% deposit, please call Guests Services at 704.391.3922 or pay in-person at the USNWC. All outstanding balances must be paid at least 14 days prior to your trip date.
- Refund Policy:
- 25% of course fee is non-refundable within 14 days of trip date
- 50% of total course fee is non-refundable in 15 or more days of the trip date
Upon completion of registration you will receive an email from the USNWC with all the required forms. Please complete and return all forms. All forms must be completed and returned 14 days prior to the course start date.