To our guests,
The USNWC has experienced considerable growth over the last few years, and we have been fortunate to have the Greater Charlotte Region embrace the outdoor lifestyle through our facility. The opportunities to keep up with our growth during that time have been governed by our need to pay off the debt incurred to build the original facilities. That remainder of our debt was paid off in 2014, and the focus has now turned towards addressing the areas where the growth has been most squarely felt.
Our growth has meant more crowding and less capacity than we are comfortable with at times. Much of our planning and investment is aimed at addressing these issues. Our primary focus is to bring more elements to challenge you and your family and friends with more opportunities to play outside.
In 2015, the new USNWC offerings will include:
- Four new zip lines will be added totaling over 4000 ft.
- Two new jumps in excess of 60 ft. each.
- 40 ft. rappelling wall located on our new 120 ft. tall launch tower.
- A belayed canopy tour on Long Point.
- 11 miles of additional trails.
- Additional Land:
- 140 acres of additional land along Whitewater Center Parkway. The USNWC completed purchase of this land in early November 2014 and it is comprised of large growth hardwoods on rolling hills which also includes several beautiful streams and swamps. The USNWC plans to keep the new property in its natural state to provide even more opportunities to play outdoors. With this purchase, the USNWC is now comprised of approximately 700 acres.
- Additional Amenities:
- Pump House Biergarten- This 3500 sq. ft., two-story pavilion on Abbey Island will offer more food and beverage options. The bar will offer 40 taps and the grill will offer burgers, salads, shakes and hand-cut fries with seating for over 500. The Biergarten will also offer additional restroom facilities to address a critical need for our guests.
- Ridge Pavilions- Two pavilions totaling 3500 sq. ft. on the South Ridge of the USNWC main campus will provide shelter and restroom facilities to better serve our guests who participate in the High Ropes Center during their visit. Additionally, both Pavilions will provide premium amenities and ample space for organizations and groups who utilize the USNWC for various event functions.
Our top priorities will always be to provide an outstanding experience for our guests and to further promote the authentic outdoor lifestyle. We will continue to work and further our mission while providing the very best outdoor center in the world today. Thank you for taking the journey with us. We can’t wait to show you what the USNWC has in store next year.
Jeffrey T. Wise
Chief Executive Officer
U.S. National Whitewater Center